- Adaptive UI focused on stylus input
- Pressure-sensitive stylus input with different and configurable stroke styles
- Create many different shapes with the shape tool
- Move, rotate, resize and modify existing content with the selection tool
- Different document expansion layouts ( fixed pages, continuous vertical, infinite in every direction, .. )
- Customizable background colors, patterns, sizes
- Customizable page format
- (Optional) pen sounds
- Reconfigurable stylus button shortcuts
- An integrated workspace browser for quick access to related files
- Drag & Drop, clipboard support
- PDF, Bitmap and SVG image import
- Document, document pages and selection export to many formats including SVG, PDF, Xopp
- Save and load the documents in the native
- Tabs to work on multiple documents at the same time
- Autosave, printing
The file format is still unstable. It might change and break compatibility between versions.
Download the official flatpak on Flathub here.
Download the Windows installer from the latest release which can be found here.
Because the file format still is unstable, downgrading to a specific version might be necessary.
List all available past versions on flathub:
flatpak remote-info --log flathub com.github.flxzt.rnote
Pick the commit from the desired version and downgrade with:
sudo flatpak update --commit=<commit-hash> com.github.flxzt.rnote
After downgrading, the flatpak version can be pinned or unpinned with:
$ flatpak mask com.github.flxzt.rnote $ flatpak mask --remove com.github.flxzt.rnote
To update to the lastest version again, unpin and run
The following fonts are bundled with the application:
- Grape Nuts: Grape Nuts is a simple handwritten casual font.
- OpenDyslexic-Regular: OpenDyslexic is a typeface designed against some common symptoms of dyslexia.
- TT2020Base-Regular: TT2020 is an advanced, open source, hyperrealistic, multilingual typewriter font for a new decade.
- Virgil: The font that powers Excalidraw.
Rnote is available under the GPL-3.0-or-later. See the LICENSE file for more info.
Copyright (C) 2023 The Rnote Authors This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
More detailed information regarding contributions, building, etc. is available at the Github Repository